Well after spending a week in AZ with the Aiton's we didn't quite get enough so I came home and worked for two days then Izzy and I drove to Idaho then onto Montana the next day with the Aiton's. We arrived in the evening after seven hours in the car! Isabella did amazing in the car and loved having her cousins in the back to play with her. We stayed in Meadow Lake which is in Columbia Falls, MT. We visited Glacier National Park which was breathtaking in the winter. There was so much snow! Izzy was amazed by all the white stuff! She really hated getting all dressed up in her winter gear though. We spent a bunch of time at the pool and outdoor (super nice) hot tub. All of the girls are a bunch of fishes! None of the Aiton's had ever been skiing except Alex so we went to Whitefish which had an amazing deal. It cost $69 for two days lift tickets, rentals and two lessons! I had never heard of such an amazing deal. The powder was amazing. I love to ski, I tried my hand at snowboarding twice before and it did not go so well! I only fell twice and it was when my retarded instructor was making me do some hippy sayings while patting my head and breathing exercises to go down the mountain. I don't think she liked me very much after I told her she was nuts! I was a little sarcastic during the whole lesson and the other couple was laughing cause they thought it was funny but they were to chicken to speak up. Isabella stayed at the cabin with the other two wee ones and Jennifer went the first day and Kyle went the second day. The girls all loved it and Addison looked totally adorable skiing down the mountain (she is six). We spent a ton of time just relaxing.
Kyle woke me up at midnight when Japan had the earth quake and we all sat up watching the news. My heart goes out to all those affected, may they find comfort and peace in this devastation.
Isabella and I came home on Saturday to Layton and stayed with Jennica's dad, Matt & Jennica were there visiting. We got to visit with Aliesha for a little while before heading home to Mesquite. We were so happy to make it to Mesquite but only for an hour before we left for Vegas and went to Aunt Donna's for dinner and to stay the night.
I had to work doing concierge medicine in Vegas at the Palazzo Hotel all week. A very long week!
We got to hear from Jared through letters quite a few times and we really miss him. Isabella kept calling Matt & Kyle Papa. She would catch a glimpse and say "Papa" She really misses him and every time we are home and she hears a noise she thinks he is coming through the door. We are getting through it but I do admit I have shed some tears. Some of the tears are good ones because I think of that very moment when I get to touch him, kiss him and know he is still there. Sometimes it feels like it is not real and I am being told he is ok but I don't believe it till I physically get to see him. I know without my heavenly father and my family and friends I would not be able to do this!
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment