I woke up pretty earl and drove myself to the hospital where they rushed me to register so I could sit and wait for the lab. I was then rushed to another lobby to sit and wait for a volunteer to take me back to pre-op. I had to wear one of those sexy little hospital gowns that have the built in peep window for the neighbor to see everything. They had me remind them why I was there and what my name was like fifty times, talk about memory issues! Then came time to put in the IV, I laughed as they pulled out a 22g and insisted on numbing my arm before they poked me and well they missed the first one leaving me a huge bruise on my arm. They were successful on the second try, yeah!!! I sat and waited for my turn to go back and then Jared showed up to kiss me before I went in. The Dr. came and chatted with me and then the Anesthesia guy (who was wearing a jester hat) came in to give me some drugs and we were off. By the way the jester hat messes with you when you have Fentnyl on board. I barely remember the trip through the OR hallway, from what I hear I was hilarious under the influence of the drugs..... good thing I don't remember! Then next thing I remember is waking up to people all around and feeling alot of pain. The had this awful yet very effective humidifier oxygen mask on my face, I was very drugged and Jared was feeding me ice chips. I was told that my tonsils were pretty full of junk, I am so happy they are gone. I spent some time there in recovery and they decided to move me to the OB floor to recover (they didn't have any patient's) which is where a NICU nurse got to take care of me. She was thrilled....lol! She was a very nice lady and almost got to hold my hair back as I thought I was loosing my cookies (wish I could eat cookies). Jared went home to get some rest and I was stuck there until I could do all the fun tricks they wanted me to do before they would release me. Amanda Kindel was very sweet and came to pick me up but when she showed up they weren't ready to let me go yet so she stayed and hung out with me. I attempted to stay awake and chat with her, something that was very difficult to do with dilaudid on board. She was entertained to say the least. They finally said I could go home and just as I was getting into the wheelchair Jimmy & Mikey from work showed up to make sure I got home alright (Such sweet guys)! Once home I slept and ate popsicles, my mouth is very sore and so are my upper torso and neck muscles. I am so glad that Jennica and Matt took care of my daughter and my home while I have been laid up. Jennica even did my laundry, that's love! It was so fun to have the kids here. I ventured out for the first time last night to our ward Halloween party which was fun but I was so tired. All of the costumes were adorable!
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I need a Jennica! Its more fun to be on the other side of the needle, huh? Being the patient sucks!
I'm a horrible friend, it was fun to see you and your family all dressed up for Halloween - I love the coordinating! Glad you are doing better.
Post a Comment