Thursday, October 14, 2010

Change is Good!!!!


Jared & I have made a ton of really BIG decisions in the past few weeks! We are selling our house and moving to Las Vegas......(This is the part where I cry through a whole box of Kleenex). Jared wants to go to school full time and well we can't pay for it so ............ wait for it, here comes the really HUGE news...... Jared is joining the Army National Guard part time. He is taking his ASVAB test tomorrow and will soon know what his job will be and what unit he will be joining. He will then go onto the medical and from there they will give him a list of dates to leave for basic training for 9 weeks. He then will do additional training for his specialty, he could be gone for 3-6 months. Isabella & I will be moving in with Matt & Jennica for the duration so I can work and have support to care for Izzy. I will also be finishing my degree in the next semester or two while Jared is gone (I hope). We are really saddened to think of leaving Mesquite, we have made some amazing friendships, the good news is I will still be working in Mesquite so we will still be around. We are very nervous and excited as we move forward and want to tell everyone how grateful we are for their support. We have decided to stop waiting for things to turn around financially and are going to make them turn around and finish our education!

4 comments:

by Deterlou said...

Good for you guys, you will not regret getting your educations! Jenn had told me you were selling your house and Jared was going to go into the NG, but she didn't tell me you were moving in with her for a little bit. That will be fun and like one big slumber party! I know you will be able to help one another out a lot. Congratulations!!!

Sher said...

Awww, you will be missed for sure, but CHANGE IS GOOD!!!!! Best of luck to you guys in your new adventures! I'll check your blog often. :)

Lisa said...

Wow, I know that will be hard, but i am impressed with your take charge attitude. Our families mantra is, "I can do hard things."
I am glad you don't have to go at it alone. Best wishes to you and J.

The Cam Damerons said...

Wow! That is big news. Good luck to Jared!